What to do when home alone


homealone.jpg


This weekend I had the joys of being home alone as my parents went away to see family. I know most teenagers would think ‘brilliant party time,’ but if you haven’t worked it out yet, I’m not one of them. When I’m home alone having a party is the worst thing I can think of. If I am home alone I am having me time, if I could turn off my phone and survive three days without leaving me bed I would.

Although I love just spending an extra hour in bed reading blogs, watching youtube videos or even just lying there thinking about everything, sometimes you know you just need to get out of bed and do things. So this is my list of idea’s and my favourite things to do when I’m home alone.

Bake – I love to try new recipes or ideas when I’m home alone. 1. If it’s good I can have it all to myself, and 2. If it isn’t good then no one else will know as all the evidence is gone. Although it’s only just turned October I have already started doing some Halloween baking.
Have a gathering – For those who don’t know there is a difference between a gathering and a party. Often when I’m home alone I get a small group of people over just to have a catch up and watch movies. It an easy way of meeting up with a group of people and not have to send the whole week seeing a different person each day. Does that just make me unsociable and lazy?
Pamper day – This is probably my favourite activity to do when I am home alone. There’s no one to disturb me or have the opportunity to take a picture of me wearing a facemask or even say I’ve been in the bath to long. Is that even possible?
Experiment – I used to do this all the time, similar to baking where I would try new food based ideas, but also new makeup looks, exercises, such as trying yoga or alternative fashion choices. If it doesn’t look good you just take it off and start again. It’s also an effective way of cleaning out your make up or wardrobe.
Clean out – Put the music on full blast, wear old clothes and have a full room tidy out. You will be surprised on how good you feel after. This doesn’t happen often with me.
Binge watch – Whether it’s Orange Is The New Black, a Disney marathon or youtube videos, its always enjoyable.
Sleep – Make use of this opportunity of not having someone tell you that you should be getting out of bed or wake you up by vacuuming. I’ve only been in school a month and I already feel tired all the time and not been getting enough sleep, eugh!

So these are, I want to say a few but is it really, of my favourite things to do when I’m home alone. Is it sad that I don’t want to have a party when I’m home alone? It just means you have to clean up all the mess yourself and who wants to do that after a party when you could be watching a movie and stuffing your face.

Talk to you later x

Comments

Popular Posts