Two meals out in one weekend?





Sorry I didn’t post Friday, I literally had no time to sit down and write a post. After a crazy day at school, a trip to see Mesha and then out for the evening with a big group of friends for a meal and twister, I feel asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.


Yesterday was an equally busy day. My parents and I started the day at Berry Pomeroy Castle. Tucked away in a deep wooded valley holds a 15th-century defence and the ruins of a great Elizabethan mansion. The never completed and abandoned mansion has become the focus of blood-curdling ghost stories.
Although it isn’t big and most of it is just ruins, it’s a nice couple of hours especially if you go down to the duck pond.





Of course the first place we had to go to was the castle’s cafĂ©. It was situated just in front of the castle yet still tucked in the trees. If you ever go there the ham baguette is lovely! They also have books available for you to buy or just sit and read.




After this we went to a little shopping area called Dartington. It has a farm food shop, outdoor clothing store, two little cafes, a bits and bobs store and other little stores that you can get lost in.
There was a little market going on selling alcohol, jams, teddies and more. There was even a live band.




After all that I had my best friends 18th meal at Bella Italia. Although my mum dropped my friends and I off half an hour earlier then we were meant to meet, there was missed communication and they forgot one of my friend’s deserts, it was a really good evening.



After multiple dances in the toilets with one of my besties, hitting a chocolate desert wall and lots of giggles, I was drifting off before I even got home!
Packed weekend but defiantly one to remember.

Talk to you later x

Comments

Popular Posts