My weekend at Bletchley Park




Hi, 

This weekend my family and I travelled to Milton Keynes to see my eldest brother and his new girlfriend Jade to celebrate my mum’s birthday.

After spending 45 minutes to travel 8 miles from our home in Plymouth to Sparkwell, which normally takes 5 minutes max, and reversing round corners, getting stuck in the middle of the road, having to pull into fields and helping fellow travellers, (I honestly felt like we could have walked there quicker), we started our four hour journey to Milton Keynes.

Once we finally arrived we all meet up at Frankie and Benny’s for a meal. I love Frankie and Benny’s and so does my brother but we seemed to forget that Happy Birthday gets sung what feels like every half an hour and the music can be so loud that sometimes you cant hear yourself think. Yet after that car journey it was quite nice not to hear my dad complaining or my brother snoring!

The next day was my mum’s actual birthday and with her being a history enthusiast we spent the day at Bletchley Park. I honestly thought I would hate spending a Saturday at a war memorial but it was honestly a great day and the house is amazing!

We made a friend!


If you are enjoy history and especially World War 2 or women’s contribution to the war then give this place a visit, we were only going to spend the morning there but ended up staying 5+ hours which went so quickly.
It’s all about how Britain decoded the Germans messages and how it helped us win the war. My favourite fact that I learnt there was how they got some of their employees. They put a cryptic word search in the newspaper and told everyone that if they could complete it to send it in and they will win a prize. The price was getting a job at Bletchley Park decoding messages.

Sometimes its fun to mess around in a serious place!

They have amazing displays packed with interesting and in-depth facts about the equipments and the lives of the people there. There were also interactive areas for children such as dress ups and an old school set up that me and mum messed around in way to much. 
Bletchley also has their own post office and toy shop/museum that shows all the old resources and toys that they used to have in those days. I personally watching my mums face when she saw some of the toys she and her mother used to have as kids.


Can you imagine blogging on this?!
A slate tribute to Alan Turing who committed suicide due to being gay!

The rest of the weekend was filled with shopping and eating, a typical weekend for my mother and I. On Sunday before we left we all travelled to Bicester, an expensive outlet store to break up the journey. Jade and I had an amazing time picking all the things we would buy if we had all the money in the world. I discovered I may be addicted to purses…they are just so pretty!

Overall I had an amazing weekend, even if all my friends were at a party. I also highly recommend Bletchley Park for a great day out.

See you soon x


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular Posts