Winter date ideas | Christmas



Winter is the perfect time for dates. As it is cold it gives you the perfect excuse to cuddle up and get cosy. So as I have been looking myself for some good date ideas for my boyfriend and I, I thought I would list my top 10 winter dates you and your other half can do.

 Movie day/night – The cold weather and rain gives the perfect excuse to stay home with the fire on, lots of blankets, hot chocolates and lots of goodies. Cuddling and movies, what could go wrong?
Christmas markets – Go and explore the local Christmas markets that are happening. It’s a great opportunity to pick up some stocking fillers and buy things you wouldn’t normally get. Plus if you go to a food market you get to experience new items that you could then go and cook together, also they often have testers which is always a plus. One year my mum and I picked up ostrich sausages. It was a less extreme I’m A Celebrity.
 Cooking – Who doesn’t enjoy doing some Christmas cooking. I want to try and convince Ben to make a gingerbread house with me, wish me luck. (Keep an eye out soon, as I will be posting my favourite Christmas recipes soon).
Mini Christmas party – Who says two people cant have their own Christmas party? Could always try and re-enact the Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree video.
Ice Skating – Does anyone else’s town put up an ice rink as soon as Bonfire night is over? I personally can’t stand ice-skating, I just find it boring but with your partner it could be a laugh.
Decorate – Decorate the house or tree together, you get to see how each other like the tree to look and it’s always easier with another person. Also if they are taller then you they can do the higher parts meaning you don’t need to climb all over the walls and a tree, always a pain.
Sleigh ride – I understand that not every town does sleigh rides but is it anyone else’s dream to go to New York and go on a Christmas sleigh ride? Eugh I want to go right now! An easier and cheaper version would be to find a hill and go down on a sledge but if you can go all out then why not?
Snowman – Build a snowman…DO YOU WANNA BUILD A SNOWMAN?
Christmas lights – My mum and I love doing this, we always do it Christmas Eve and try and drag the family with us (just some pointless info for you, we always do it after we watch the festive Shrek films). All it involves is walking around your neighbourhood and looking at how everyone else has decorated their house for Christmas. A small thing but really enjoyable.
Be tourists – The Christmas holidays is the perfect excuse to stay in your hometown and be a tourist. Go to all the places that you’ve been meaning to go to but have always put it off. This year I want to go to the Tudor house on the Barbican. I’ve heard so many good things about it but I can never remember going. 

What are your winter date ideas?

Talk to you later x

Image source (Here)

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular Posts