Favourite things about Christmas | Christmas



Christmas really is a magical time of the year. The lights, family spirit, cozy nights in and the huge amounts of good food, what’s not to enjoy? There are so many different elements that make Christmas special, so these are a few of my favourite things about and to do at Christmas.

Christmas Markets – I am such an old women, I could walk around a Christmas market all day. They are such good places for trying new products, such as Ox sausages and Oreo brownies. I also manage to get different but amazing stocking fillers and Christmas tree decorations here. Another benefit is that there is one every weekend starting from the middle of December meaning there’s always one you can go to.

Christmas cooking/baking – This is always a must for my mother and I at Christmas. We spent all of yesterday baking truffles and yet more Florentines. The smell of ginger and spices filling the house and decorating ginger bread houses and men with your family can put anyone in the Christmas mood.

Christmas lights – I’ve talked about this before multiple times on my blog but I love walking around my neighbourhood and looking at all the Christmas decorations. Its nice to see how other people decorate compared to my family…or just how much people like lights and inflatable Santa’s.

Presents – Not just receiving but giving, I love to see their faces when they see what you get them. I’m one of those people who try and think of the little things that people say throughout the year and then surprise them with this as a present, something that they would never buy themselves but would like, along with novelty gifts. How can people not like novelty gifts? Who doesn’t want their own grow your own boyfriend kit or jelly boobs.

Christmas dinner – There are no words to describe the excitement I get over Christmas dinner. The piles of pigs in blankets, the range of different stuffing’s, smoked salmon on crackers and all the rest. Eugh if only Sunday roasts were more like Christmas roasts.

Christmas trees  and decorations – This is a mine and mums job every year. We’re not those people who spends hours putting their decorations up, we get straight on it and it can be done within an hour. Yet this is just due to us knowing exactly where everything has to go and no we are not open for change yet, sorry boys. Although decorating the tree is the best bit. For the first time we have put a big tree up in my room, I’m so used to having the small bedside table ones that could only fit four decorations without looking over crowded. This tree was more fun to decorate, any new decorations or ones that didn’t go on the other tree got thrown on as well as what looks like four different pieces on tinsel. Its like one big creative Christmas mess and I love it.

These are just a few of my favourite things (tries not to break out into song) as I’ve tried not to repeat myself with what has been written in my date ideas post (here) but have clearly failed.

Talk to you later x

Comments

Popular Posts