March Charity Book Haul 2015


For those of you that don't know, I volunteer at a local British Red Cross bookshop for two hours a week. Both of my brothers have volunteered their and it is visited regularly my all members of my family.
I love knowing that when I am there I am helping people, learning new skills and will be surrounded by books for two hours. Its great. Due to putting and organizing books every week I get to see a wide range of different novels that grab my attention.
These are this months lucky contenders to come home with me. (Also all the money goes to charity making it so much better, giving you an excuse to buy more!)

Is everyone hanging out with me? - Mindy Kaling - £1.50
Mindy Kaling's highly rated autobiography. I love Mindy as an actress and comedian and I'm so excited to read her book. Its smaller then I expected and will defiantly be a quick read but its meant to be laugh out loud funny so I can't wait.
Reading challenge - A memoir (cheating a bit but oh well)

Its called a breakup because its broken - Greg Behrendt & Amiira Ruotola - Behrendt - £1.50
There's no doubt about it--breakups suck. But in the first few hours or days or weeks that follow, there's one important truth you need to recognize: Some things can't and shouldn't be fixed, especially that loser who dumped you or forced you to dump him. "It's called a breakup because it's broken," and starting right here, right now, it's time to dry your tears, put down that pint of ice cream, log out of his e-mail, and open this book to Chapter One-and start turning your breakup into a breakover. 
I don't know if its due to the quirky cover, the different styles of text or due to the fact I saw my ex the other night and realised how much of an ass he really is, all I knew was that I needed this book.
Reading challenge - A non-fiction book

The Rosie Project - Grame Simsion - £1.50
Love isn't an exact science - but no one told Don Tillman. A handsome thirty-nine-year-old geneticist, Don's never had a second date. So he devises The Wife Project, a scientific test to find the perfect partner. Enter Rosie - 'the world's most incompatible woman' - throwing Don's safe, ordered life into chaos. Just what is this unsettling, alien emotion he's feeling?
Yet another book I'm not sure why I got but as it was so highly raved about I couldn't say no. I'm not saying that this book doesn't sound good as it does its just not something I would normally pick up, maybe its a good thing I got it. 
Reading challenge - Not sure yet

Adorkable - Sarra Manning - £1.50
Jeane Smith's a blogger, a dreamer, a dare-to-dreamer, a jumble sale queen, CEO of her own lifestyle brand and has half a million followers on twitter.
Michael Lee's a star of school, stage and playing field. A golden boy in a Jack Wills hoodie.
They have nothing in common but a pair of cheating exes. So why can't they stop snogging?

Picked this book for two reasons, the name and the fact that I want to be Jeane! The book just sounds funny and the boy on the cover is what I pictured Park from Eleanor and Park to look like so yet another needed book. 
Reading challenge - A book set in high school

Th1rteen R3asons Why - Jay Asher - £1.50
Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier.On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.
This book was highly recommended by a bestie meaning I had to read it. I'm over half way and so many times I have just had to stop and think. It can be tense in some places and made my friend cry often. Its defiantly a book that once you've read it you want everyone to read so they can see how even the small things can affect people. 
Reading challenge - A book with a number in the title

Reviews will probably come after all these books have been read so keep an eye out.

Talk to you later x



<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular Posts