International Women's Day



Okay I know International Women’s Day was yesterday but I was travelling yesterday and I didn’t have time to write or publish a post so it’s a day late, I’m sorry. Moving on…

I have read many posts on people saying why certain celebrities are their women inspiration and don’t get me wrong I love them all too but I think my favourite women inspiration would have to be the women in my family, such as my nan and mother.


My nan grew up in Wales with 5 sisters, one being born 5 years exactly after her, and trust me she knew what it was like to live with strong women. When she was old enough she went and helped in WW2 building Spitfires, leading to her meeting my granddad. To put a long story short they fell in love got married and the day after their wedding my granddad was flown out to India. Moving on a few years they ended up with three children, multiple cats, dogs, birds, fish, chickens and even cows yet throughout all this my nan never swayed from what she believed. She’s still stubborn now, which isn’t always a good thing when you are in a rush and she refuses to allow you to push her wheelchair. My nan loves to give to charity and help out in the local community and no matter what she will be there when you needed her.
Now that granddad has passed away, nan, at 92, still lives in their family home on her own showing all of us that she is still capable (with a little bit of help in the mornings and evenings). She was a true inspiration to me growing up, I’ve written many homework pieces on her, and she will continue on to be after this post.


My second main female inspiration is my mother and I am dreading her reading this because for the rest of the time she is defiantly going to be cocky about it. I don’t feel like this generation give their mothers (or parents in general) enough credit. They carried and raised you and although you may not agree with everything they say and tell you to do, trust me I don’t, they are doing it cause they know, they may not be a child in this generation but they have probably experienced many of the same things and are just looking after the ones they love. So mother, I know dad will be showing you this, thank you for being one of my female inspirations…even if you do eat all my chocolate!


One thing I do want to mention, although I won’t dwell on for long as otherwise this blog post will be SUPER long. Why is there an International Women’s Day? Why do we need one day to appreciate women? Shouldn’t that be happening all the time?

Talk to you later x

p.s. Mum if you are still reading this, you can count this as one of your mothers day presents ;)  

Twitter | Weheartit | Pinterest | Blog | Goodreads | Tumblr | Instagram



<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


Comments

Popular Posts