How to be more motivated/stay motivated

I don't know if it is just me that has been feeling this way lately but the thought of leaving my bed and actually doing anything makes me want to crawl into a ball. I have no motivation to do anything...like ANYTHING! Even things that I enjoy doing, such as spending times with my friends or even just watching something on Youtube makes me feel just bleugh. Anything that involves moving slightly will be avoided for as long as possible.
So for anyone else who currently feels like this, here are my top tips to be more motivated:

  • Keep thinking about your goals - remind yourself on why you have to or want to do this task
  • Make a check list - not to see how much work you have to do but to see how many of the tasks you have been able to tick off 
  • Reward yourself - this doesn't mean by taking the rest of the day off but small breaks or even a chocolate bar (unless you are trying to stay away from chocolate, but if anyone asks tell them I said you could!)
  • Give yourself breaks - following on from my previous point, regular breaks are needed to stop yourself from going insane and stop yourself from working too hard 
  • Get help - sometimes you just need help and there is nothing wrong with that, it's good to challenge yourself but staying stuck isn't
  • Do it with others - get a small group of friends or family members together and do it as a group, it can make the activity more fun, go quicker and you get to help each other. Plus it means you get to spend more time with your friends or family members.
  • Stop worrying - easier said then done I know but worrying is only going to distract you from getting the job done and make you feel less motivated
  • Read/listen/watch motivational media pages - allow other peoples inspiring words and actions inspire you. I find Ted talks perfect for this
  • Learn from your mistakes - don't dwell on them but learn from them, use them as a source to keep you going and to prove yourself more then anyone that you can do it
They may not work for you and there are going to be days that getting out of bed isn't going to be on the agenda and that is okay but stopping altogether isn't going to get you to where you need to be so keep thinking of that end goal and you will get there.

Talk to you later x 


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular Posts