New year resolutions


It’s the first of January, that’s crazy. A new year can be seen as a new start. There are 365 days in a year which means 365 changes to change for the better. It doesn’t have to be the 1st of the year to change yourself.

I love this picture. Its true, you are living your autobiography and if you had to write it all down what would you want it to say? There’s a difference between wanting to do something and actually doing it and I think 2015 is the year we should start living the life we want. No more thinking about others before ourselves, I learnt this year that it’s unhealthy to constantly put others before yourself so why do we all keep doing it?


Following on from this I’ve decided, although I never really stick to them, to set myself some resolutions. This year I am really going to try, maybe that could be one of my resolutions, to stick to my resolutions.

1.     Be healthy – I know it’s a cliché and this includes eating better and exercising more but not to lose weight, as I am comfortable at the size I am but to remain healthy. I am always ill and although it’s not always due to eating or drinking too much, I may be able to reduce the amount of ill days I have if I become healthier. Here’s to hoping! Also I’m one of those freaks that enjoys working out. Allows me to have time to myself and I always feel good afterwards.  
2.     Stop caring – Stop caring about what people think about me. Stop caring about things that don’t matter. Stop caring for those who don’t care about me. I don’t even want to think of the amount of times I’ve stopped doing something or regretted doing something I wanted cause I was worried about what somebody would think or say. It’s really not worth it so why bother.
3.     Write – I used to write all the time about everything. Some random story, my opinion on something or just if I needed a rant. It’s a lot nicer and safer then putting it on a social media site. Also writing is a great way of calming yourself down and is known to help make people smarter, perfect!
4.     Organized – I used to be so organized and it annoys me how I’ve been slacking on it. I’m in my second year of A-levels. I should be organized. Why is procrastinating so fun and easy?
5.     Capture memories – As much as I believe you should live the moment before you capture it, it’s always nice to have pictures to look back on. I used to always have a camera or my phone on me ready to take pictures but for some reason I’ve started slacking in capturing these memories. Why is it easier to take pictures at a party but not when you are having a family day that means something?
6.     Sleep – Or equally as important, get a sleeping pattern, like stated earlier I get ill really easily and sleep will really help with this. Yet like most people I get sucked into the world of the social media and netflix. I doubt some nights I get 4 hours sleep let alone 8!
7.     Less computer time – There’s more to the world then what’s stuck behind a screen yet why do we feel the need to be constantly checking it. If I have two minutes to myself it will be spent on my phone instead of doing something actually productive and helpful. It’s going to be hard but I’m going to try. Plus it’s so bad for our eyes and checking your phone all the time has been proven to cause neck pains so at least it will help on the getting healthier track.
8.     Blog – I love writing my blog and reading blogs for that matter, but for some reason I never want to show it to people. It’s my little space to put whatever I want up and as much as I love it like that why not get some recognition for it. This doesn’t mean I’m going to spam people with it but getting it out there isn’t a bad thing. This is my second blog and I refuse to give up on it like I did before. Along with this I want to improve the quality of my blog. Not just put things up because other blogs are doing it but publish the things I want to put out there…and improve my pictures, my phone isn’t going to cut it anymore.
9.     Believe – Mainly in myself. I have never been one of those people who puts themselves out there but slowly I feel like I am and I like the Megan that puts her point across and doesn’t allow people to walk over her. 2015 is going to be all about believing in myself and knowing that I can do it and I deserve the best.

Along with this I want to read more and not just my schoolbooks. So due to this I am going to try and do the Popsugar’s book reading challenge. It will be difficult but hey it wouldn’t be a challenge if it weren’t difficult. (Link)


So just a few resolutions, haha! When I was writing it I thought I was soon going to have 15 and as clever as that would be I really don’t think I could have done it. I will keep you updated on how these ones go.


Happy New Year!

Talk to you later x 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


Comments

Popular Posts