How to deal with a death


The loss of a loved one is a difficult process that at some point we are all going to have deal with within our lives. Last week my granddad passed away last week and I’ve already noticed how every single member of my family is dealing with it in a different ways. I feel that everyone does get over deaths in their own ways and to not try and be like everyone else as this wont help in the situation.

Due to having lost my granddad I thought I would share my tips on how to get over a death whether it is a friend, work colleague or family member.

1.     Cry – it’s okay to cry. It’s a body’s way of reacting to a situation and there’s nothing wrong with doing it. Cry and let it all out. We need to cry every so often so that we can see life with a clearer view again.
2.     Reminisce – Just cause they are no longer with you doesn’t mean you should try and delete any memory you have with them. You aren’t 5 Seconds of Summer, don’t wish that you could wake up with amnesia!
3.     Don’t get stuck in the past – There’s a difference between reminiscing and getting stuck in the past thinking of all the things that we wish we could have done differently. We all wish we could have done things differently but the hard truth we all have to face is the fact that they are no longer here, we cant go back and there’s nothing we can do about that now.
4.     Talk about it – Whether it’s with a family ember or a friend. You may be helping them as much as you will be helping yourself.
5.     Don’t blame – There’s no need and will only cause more pain if you blame yourself or other people whether its about not being able to help, not seeing them enough or any reason for that matter. What’s happened has happened and causing disputes just leads to more trouble.

I’ve seen other people do this before where they spend the rest of their lives trying to complete the lives of those who have gone. Such as fulfilling their bucket list, scattering their ashes in their favourite place or finish a project that they were working on.

I hope these few tips help and my heart goes out to all of you who have lost someone.

Talk to you later x

Comments

Popular Posts