The Summer I gave up boys and Breaking Rules book review


WARNING MINI SPOILERS

The Summer I Gave Up Boys – Kassandra Kush


If you are looking for a book to just read and not have to think about then this is the right book but if you’re looking for something to really sink your teeth into and really care about the characters then maybe give this one a skip.

It was free on my Ipad and I wanted something cute, quick and easy to read to get my mind off everything that was happening. For an 87-page book it did have a lot of elements to it. You are able to connect with the Kaliyah, the main character but in all seriousness I wasn’t to bothered about how her story ended and it was inevitable that they would get together.

I personally chose to read it, as I wanted a suspense-less book in-between my A-level reads and this book was perfect for that.
With all that said I did actually enjoy it and its not something I would pick up at a bookshop but for a free book I was impressed.  – 3/5

Breaking Rules – Tracie Puckett


Another zone out and read book, yet this one is longer and has more of a will they wont they story line, including many moments that you think it will break the will they wont they pattern and end up being a depressing book.

When I first started reading the book I thought I was going to hate it, she hits a boy and I instantly assume they were going to get together and break a few rules. Although elements of that did happen, it had more of a story line and something to follow.

Whilst I didn’t connect with the characters and although I knew they never really could get together due to the circumstances I did want to know if they would get together and if she would change. I am going to warn you though there is a massive cringy moment near the end of the book that, although you are proud she did it, you really wished she didn’t.

The book ends on a slight cliff-hanger on how their story ends and if they will get together, and as glad as I am that they didn’t get together, as I feel that would ruin the story I don’t think I will be paying to get the other two books in the series.

I did prefer Breaking Rules and if the next book does become free I will read it. Overall I give it 4/5.

Comments

Popular Posts