Mockingjay Part 1 review | Review


When Katniss destroys the games, she goes to District 13 after District 12 is destroyed. She meets President Coin who convinces her to be the symbol of rebellion, while trying to save Peeta from the Capitol.


SPOILERS

I don’t know why you wouldn’t but I would suggest seeing the other films before seeing this one. Saying that if you haven’t you will quickly pick up on what’s happening but to really appreciate it you need to see the other films first.

'Miss Everdeen, it is the things we love most that destroy us.'

The film really does stick to the book and the actors, as always, were AMAZING at playing the characters. Massive credit to Jennifer Lawrence she did an amazing job at showing the change that Katniss goes through in the stories. But overall I think the best actor in the movie had to be Josh Hutcherson, the ending where he shows how much the capital has ruined his mind was played so well you forget he’s the sweet Josh that made Jennifer pee herself.

'You did it Katniss, you showed them. You showed them that no one can stop you. Thank you.'

Although the movie doesn’t show any proper battles between the capital and the districts but shows the build up to the 2nd half of the book, yet it shows the mental and personal issues that many of the characters deal with due to the dramatic change that was brought on due to Katniss breaking the force field.

'I miss my wigs.'

The ending was good. Not how I thought it was going to end but was still a good ending that ended on a cliffhanger on what was going to happen to Peeta and how the war that they’ve just announced will end.
My friend and I both thought they would end the film when Petta strangles Katniss but instead they kept it going a bit longer to announce the war and have Katniss see the mental struggle that Petta is currently going through because of her.

'Any other demands?
My sister gets to keep her cat.'


I know I’ve kept the review simple and basic but I really don’t want to ruin it for anyone but I must say do see the film. It’s so good and I will be surprised if it doesn’t win multiple awards.

'Everyone has a choice Katniss'

Let me know what you think about it.
Talk to you later x 

Comments

Popular Posts