Is it too early to celebrate?


Is there such thing as celebrating Christmas to early? I don’t mean starting in August, as that is crazy but after Halloween and Bonfire night there isn’t anything else to celebrate till Christmas, so why not start November 6th?

I used to be one of those who wouldn’t listen to Christmas songs or watch Christmas films till the 1st of December. Yet cause of this I never felt that I could get in the Christmas spirit, as it was then all too fast. So would it be weird to start listening and watching now?

I’m going to get it out there now there is no way I’m going to start putting decorations up now or wear Christmas related clothing but is it really bad luck to start celebrating before December? If your anything like me you must be thinking who on earth would put up decorations before December or at least the end of November but I know people who have put up Christmas decorations before Halloween. Weird I know.

As an English person we obviously don’t celebrate Thanksgiving but I so wish we did. It fits perfectly in-between Halloween and Christmas and gives you the perfect lead way on knowing when it’s the perfect time to start celebrating Christmas. First you celebrate Halloween, then you prepare for thanksgiving then after that you celebrate Christmas. Perfect.

Yes I understand it’s a petty thing to think about but if you start to early you get bored of the songs. I always hate it when supermarkets start playing Christmas songs in August; it’s that’s just ridiculous.

I have a theory. When you see the Coca-cola advert on TV then you can celebrate Christmas. The John Lewis one has just come out and has had people in tears. That means Christmas is soon guys!

When do you start celebrating?
Talk to you later x

Comments

Popular Posts