Reviewing My 2015


Happy New Year!

I can not believe how quickly this year has gone but I guess everyone says that every year! Without a doubt this year I have learned so much and developed as a person. This year I have:
  • Completed and passed my A-levels
  • Had my last year in compulsory education
  • Had my first proper stereotypical date
  • Went on my first girls holiday
  • Gone through a breakup
  • Made so many new friends who I am looking forward to spending 2016 with
  • Had a big fallout with my friendship group 
  • Got into a new relationship
  • Went on my first mini holiday with a boy
  • Got my first apprenticeship
  • Went out on my first night out
  • Been to my first official work due 
  • And overall develop more into the person I am today. 
Now I couldn't do a review of 2015 without looking back at my new year resolutions and seeing how well or badly I did at sticking to them...

Be healthy - I want to say that for the most part I did actually stick to this till around September time when this just kinda slipped for no reason in general. At the start of the year I exercised nearly every day and was so healthy up to the girls holiday, this was toned down after that but now I don't think I could tell you when the last time I properly exercised was...opps! I blame Alec for having a car and me not ever needing to walk anywhere any more.

Stop caring - Yet again technically I have done this. I have stopped caring about those who don't mean anything to me and about the small things that don't matter as it isn't worth it. Of course I still care about those who mean a lot to me and what they think of me but that will never change and so it shouldn't, no one wants to be the friend that seems like they don't give a shit. 

Write - Sadly this one didn't last that long, I have started writing letters to one of my uncles who I rarely see anymore which is nice but other then at work and writing emails or the occasional blog post my writing has turned more into texting or disappeared altogether. I will work on this!

Organised - Other then my room everything in my life has been super organised...just don't ask my mother, especially when it comes to my room or packing for the girls holiday...other then those two situations my life this year has been very organised so hey thats better then not being organised.

Capture memories - I am all about living in the moment but there is nothing better then having a picture you can look back on and remember the day by. So although I haven't gone extreme with the pictures I have been able to capture some good memories that I can look back and laugh at. 

Sleep - No way have I managed to keep this one, its not even that I stay up late I am just unable to be well rested after 8 hours of sleep. Some parts of the year I was good at this, other times not to much, I am 18 though, I should be going out and enjoying myself.

Less computer time - This I really have done, I have been either read, gone for walks, met up with friends or done something with my family and it has actually felt really nice. I know it may be a shock for people my age but you won't die if you aren't holding your phone and your followers won't assume you have died terribly if you aren't online for a couple of hours, the outside can actually be really nice. 

Blog - Okay I will admit this I really haven't done. I used to go from blogging everyday to barely getting one post out a week. Its not that I don't want to blog I just haven't had the time, maybe I haven't been that organised then...

Believe - Thankfully this is another one I am able to say that I have done and it has really helped me get through certain situations and enjoy myself. Who know that a little bit of self believe will make everything so much better?!

Along with setting myself with new year resolutions I also gave myself a reading challenge to complete, sadly this year I got into a massive reading rut and couldn't find a book I wanted to read or even get in the reading mood, sadly I din't complete this challenge but it did make me realise that the only way to enjoy reading is to not put pressure on doing it. Either way these are the following challenges I had and the books I read to complete them, I will admit I may have cheated slightly and used the same book for certain challenges but there way nothing saying that I couldn't so I am going to go with it. 

A book with more than 500 pages - Love Rosie
A classic romance - Wuthering Heights
A book that became a movie - Paper Towns
A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit - The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (Still reading)
A book with a number in the title - 13 Reasons Why
A book written by someone under 30 - The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire
A funny book - Grace's Guide
A book from your childhood - Rover Saves Christmas
A book by a female author - Perfectly Flawed
A book with a one-word title - Adorkable
A book set in high school - Paper Towns (Does this count?)
A book of short stories - The Bloody Chamber
A book set in a different country - The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (Still reading)
A book that made you cry - Adorkable (Still have no idea how)
A nonfiction book - Grace's Guide
A book with magic - Rover Saves Christmas
A graphic novel - Stardrop
A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet - Go Set A Watchman
A book by an author you've never read before - The Drowning of Arthur Braxton
A book a friend recommended - We Are Liars
A book you own but have never read - Frankenstein
A book that takes place in your home town - Adorkable
A book that was originally written in a different language - Dr Faustus
A book at the bottom of your to read list - Wuthering Heights
A book set during Christmas - Rover Saves Christmas
A book your mum loves - The Girl on the Train
A book more than 100 years old - Frankenstein 
A play - Dr Faustus
A book based on its cover - The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire
A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't - Do all my A-level books count? I am sorry but the only book I was meant to read and didn't during school was Bird Song and theres not enough money in the world someone could pay me to read that book. 

So overall I didn't do too bad this year but lets see how much better I can do this year. Look out for my next blog post of my 2016 resolutions. 

Talk to you later x


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular Posts