Likes Over Views?

Is this the new generation?
Are we are all obsessed with likes that we let that control our lives?

Sometimes I worry about people my age and especially below on the internet, so many people are concerned about their photo not having the right filter or getting double figures on their instagram photos. Photos get taken down if they don't get any likes within the first hour and instead of enjoying themselves they feel the need to put it on snapchat, spend the whole time giving a second by second update on what is going on instead of enjoying the moment and that is scary.

I am only mentioning this as I have recently put my blog link onto my twitter bio as well as having it on my instagram. I am not one to promote any of my social media pages (although I always have them at the bottom of my blog posts so maybe that isn't true) but after I did that I really started to question it.

Most of my friends have their instagram pages which made me really want me to change mine to that. I have never been one that has worried about how many people have liked my instagram post as with most of my social media pages I have them so I am able to either connect with my friends or for me to look back on and see what I was like as a pre-adult, am I the only one?

The worst part was knowing that I was actually thinking about putting likes on my instagram page over people finding my blog and seeing what I am currently thinking or doing, like social media is meant to be! Why would I want someone to like a picture of what I am eating over a review of the restaurant and the food? Surely that would be more beneficial for them? Wouldn't it?

Maybe I am over-reacting, maybe I just need to keep my opinion to myself or maybe I am just not self obsessed and needing likes to show that my outfit looks good or that the food I ate was nice. Maybe it is all three but personally I don't get it, Why do likes matter so much? Why can't we just be happy with sharing moments cause we want to instead of wanting to be on a 'popular' page?

Who knows, I know not everyone will agree with me and is probably thinking I am overreacting or writing a really random post but hey that is the point of my blog and this post, isn't it better to get your views out and see if anyone else agrees? Just me?

Talk to you later x


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular Posts