Breaking My Benefit Virginity

As much as I love drugstore make up there are times that you just have to spoil yourself and go all out.

For my 18th (yes I know that was a VERY long time ago) my best friend Megan (ironic isn't it) spoilt me by organising a benefit makeover for us both.

To get a free makeover you had to spend £30 on benefit makeup that both Megan and I were happy to go along with.

I've always found benefit makeup to be way too expensive for what it is, especially when other high end brands do similar products at a cheaper price. As much as I would have loved to say I owned Benefit makeup, I was never actually interested in buying it.

Yet with that in mind I needed to try the Gimme Brow. OMG I didn't realise how bad my brows were till I started using this. I find its perfect to give such a natural day time look but can be built up to make a dramatic brow. WIth this the brush shape is so much better then any other brow product that I have used before that I honestly don't think I will go back to a cheaper one.
Don't get me wrong the drugstore alternatives can do a really good job on making your brows look good but nothing will beat this for me...good bye money and hello Benefit.

Due to the Gimme Brow just not being enough I tried the Big Beautiful Eyes as well. This was applied to me during the makeover and I loved how soft the colours were. They are so pigmented that the looks you can create are amazing, I have used it as a day and night pallet and have loved it for both. 

I was never into wearing liner so I was a big upset when I saw how dark the liner colour was as it meant I couldn't use it (especially as the concealer it comes with is to dark for me also) but now that I've experimented and have tried it as an eyeliner I love it. I may have been converted. 

Overall I'm so happy that I finally tried some Benefit makeup and although I love the products that I've got, I don't think I will be rushing back just due to the prices!!

Talk to you later x

Comments

Popular Posts