Dating success or failure?

On Monday I had my first proper date. Okay thats kinda a lie, i've been to the cinema with a boy before but I was ill during it so i'm not counting it. (Yes I know that's not how it works but just go with it for me). Either way I can't decide if it was a success or not. Yes we are now together and we both had an amazing time but when you break down the date and really think about it, it was kinda a fail on my part. 
So here we go, my dating success/fail...

It started off with me having 10 minutes to get ready, not being able to find the outfit I had planned, nor being able to top up my makeup. What's worse is that it was followed by me being 5 minutes late because I though he told me 10 to instead of 15 to (thats cause he did) meaning we missed our form of transportation, a really cute ferry ride, and had to get two buses as there was no way I was going to be walking in the rain, especially on a first date. Great start I know. 

Whilst getting to the second bus we ended up walking past a dead body. Well that was what Sam said. Anyone who knows what a body in an orange bag with their head sticking out means then please let me know as the thought of walking past a dead body during a date night really freaks me out. 
Once we finally arrived I made him walk around Royal William Yard showing him quirky little areas that he never saw before making it less awkward to just walking straight into Wagamama's. Yet thinking about it, due to the English weather and my awkwardness it probably would have been better if we went straight in. The wind was crazy and I had my hair down which meant hair in face for both of us creating awkward giggles and led to me walking around holding my hair in my hand. This was made worse by me making him walk around the building due to not wanting to walk back on myself after looking through the window to see if we were going to be the only ones there. Yes I am that awkward! (Sorry Sam)

I was super worried that he wouldn't like any of the food there, as it was his first time at Wagamama's, but we both had the Katsu Curry which he seemed to love so a success in that field I think. We were in there for around 2 hours due to having to wait maybe a bit too long before our desert (we shared a chocolate cake because we wanted to try and be cute) due to our waiter going home and us not receiving a new one. As we are both way too British we had to give a few awkward glances over as if to say WE WANT CAKE! But other then that the meal was a big success. 
Am I the only one that worries that they are going to spill food down them whilst on a date? I don't think i've ever ate so lady like in my life!

Now here's where I feel like I went wrong as someone that classes themselves as a feminist. I let him pay for the meal. Yes of course I argued, and begged and asked to pay for at least the drinks if I couldn't pay for my meal but he was really good at arguing with me! Is it a bad thing to let your date pay for the meal? I swear I am paying for the next meal and Sam if you are reading this I am so paying!

Once the argument was over we decided the best thing to do is to walk past the bus we needed and go to the next bus stop just to get the same bus. Great logic there! Yet the worst thing is that we did it yet again to collect the second bus. My bad yet again, i got off too early but lets move on from that. 

Overall I feel that the date was actually a success, he was a gentlemen who walked me home, planned the whole night perfectly (which I completely messed up, sorry Sam) and was filled with cliche date activities such as sharing food and kissing in the rain, which really isn't as romantic as movies make it out to be. 

Its my turn to plan the next date so maybe I won't mess it up. I probably will but who knows. Live and learn right!

Talk to you later x 




<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular Posts