Top 3 Revision Tips For All Ages


Its the middle of Spring which means exam season. As I am in a full time job I no longer need to worry about exams but this post is for all of those who are currently going through this stressful times with the top 3 tips that helped me when I was studying. I hope this helps.

1. Flash Cards - It seems so simple but its surprising how many people never thought about doing it. I found them great at remembering quotes and key terms, such as geography terms or French words I struggled with. The thing I loved the most about Flash Cards was that you could do it anywhere at anytime, walking to a lesson, lunch break or before going to bed. It was one of the first revision methods I realised worked for me and have used in since my GCSEs and convinced a lot of my friends to give it a go. I would highly recommend if you are doing English and need to remember quotes or Geography/History to remember dates and key terms. The only reason I remember what meanders are is due to flash cards!

2. Working with someone else - Working with someone else may not be every-ones thing but its surprising how much you will learn from getting someone's else's point of view or watching how then undertake the task. Its not something I did regularly but when I was struggling on a specific topic I always talked to someone else doing that subject before talking to the teacher as maybe it was just the way it was taught to me that I couldn't understand. With this I always found studying went quicker and was more enjoyable because someone always brought snacks and there was less pressure. Give it a go, it may work for you.

3. One subject a day - I know it seems like an obvious thing to do but I was genuinely surprised at how many of my friends would do a mixture of different subjects in one night. Making a timetable of when you are going to study those chosen subjects allows you to put all of your focus on that one area or subject. So simple and if you ask a lot of teachers will have revision time tables you can use to help with this.

Obviously with all of this it just depends on how you learn and what works best for you but these three things really helped me so I hope they help you as well. Lastly, my overall most important tip, focus on the things you struggle with, I know its more fun to make a mind map with the areas you enjoy but trust me its such a waste of time!

Talk to you later x


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular Posts