Big Night Out In Greece



When we agreed to do the ‘club package deal’ and the first night was called The Big Night Out, we were all skeptical on how ‘big’ the night was going to be.

It was big.

The night started with everyone from the hotel who was part of the package had to meet at the hotel bar resulting in getting too close and personnel with people we’ve never met before. On the plus side, due to looking like an awkward trio a small group of girls came up to us and asked if we wanted to stick with them and become friends, and from that moment they couldn’t get rid of us! Well after they managed to escape the embarrassing bar games on learning peoples favourite sexual position.

Due to these new friends we meet ice-cream (real name Lewis but he was wearing an ice-cream shirt so it stuck) he was a crazy drunk but at the same time, even if he was super weird, he was the best person to stick with at a party. We met so many people from him dragging them up to us introducing us and then walking away to get the next person. To this day none of us can put together a reason why he grabbed random people and none of them told him to get off or go away but hey we made new friends.

Yet due to him introducing us to so many people we started being called ‘Meg-Meg–Tash’ and to this day, that is my name in some peoples phones, as it was easier to call all three of us the same thing as we were always together. ‘Meg-Meg-Tash’ became the song of the holiday.

Once we got introduced to most people at the bar, and those passing by, we finally met Jim, Jim isn’t his real name but it was just easier to call him Jim. As a newbie to going out at that stage it was nice to find another person who was happy to sit in the corner and just talk to people. From that moment on, realising that we both hated where we were, we became good friends…that and the fact we are both Welsh but either way. Sadly whilst Megan and I were trying to find out more about him that’s when the first competition started. Everyone who lives in Plymouth knows about The Range, except when you’ve had a drink and no matter how obvious someone is making it to you that they work at The Range, even when they say it started in Plymouth and the founder has just sold his house, you aren’t going to guess it. But the high-5’s I got when I guessed it right was extreme and annoyed Megan so hey it was worth the pain of working it out.
Just a random and pointless story there for you!

 Once we had finally met everyone that Ice-cream could find, and got told off for doing the conga around the bar, we managed to convince him that we needed a fish bowl to celebrate making new friends. I don’t think anyone had ever seen a group of girls down a fish bowl as quick as we did! There’s a limit to how many ‘games’ you can do with the reps till you need to get as much alcohol in your system as quickly as you can!
For those who don’t know what to do with their ice after they’ve finished a drink you should play passing-the-ice, this involves putting an ice cube in your mouth and trying to get it round the group as many times as you can. Whatever couple can’t then pass it on again has to kiss. It really showed me that drunk girls are more fun to kiss then drunk guys…sorry boys! Obviously it melted on my meaning I had to do the forfeit but luckily for Jim and I, the rest of the group were to gone by this point that they didn’t see us walk off to talk more about how I cant pronounce Welsh words. Oh what a wild night Jim and I were having by this point!

For what was meant to be ‘A Big Night Out’ not a lot was happening making the most exciting thing to happen (before we actually got to a club) was watching a very drunk boy jump half naked into the sea…I still have no idea how he managed to get out.

Finally, around 11, after leaving the hotel at 7, we got to the first club. It was called Downtown and was probably my favourite club that we went to in Kos, it played old school music and was underground. Why aren’t there any clubs like this in Plymouth?
The atmosphere was just crazy with boys just picking you up and dancing making you just want to dance more and act like you are in an 80/90’s movie.

Sadly the do whatever atmosphere got a bit out of hand when Charley hit her head on a lamp when dancing on the table causing her to have to go to the medical centre to get stitched up again. Not the best start. By doing what our rep asked which involved getting water Jim and I then got kicked out of the club meaning we couldn't stay dancing with our friends inside and we had to wait outside of the club but away from Charley and hope that it wasn’t going too be long till we were moving to the next club. Luckily it wasn’t and Jim and I was able to have a massive heart to heart but still, how come the helpful ones had to be kicked out?

Moving on, quiet literally, we went to the ‘biggest’ club in Kos, Starlight. Whilst getting pushed into the club by one of the reps because somehow we didn’t realise that everyone had walked in, I discovered how different people could be when drunk. The outgoing one when sober can sometimes be the shy reclusive one when drunk and feels the need to stick with people that she knows and the one that is completely against smoking and is known for making her point clear on how much she hates smoking, is the drunk asking anyone and everyone for a cigarette. Just my friends?

Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate that boys don’t have to buy girls drink and these drinks weren’t being brought for me in order to get me in bed…that I know of…but please don’t pour your drink in my empty cup when I finish it or get mad if I let my friends have a sip of my drink cause it starts to get creepy. Just a quick pointer for all those people (of both genders) who likes to buy people drink. We are very grateful but don’t get to the point that your friends are buying you and your ‘date’ drink cause it just gets awkward then!

Another thing I learnt is that girls in the toilet are super supportive especially when you are crying. If you ever want to make new friends just go to the girls toilet on a night out, they are actually the best.

After a bit of a crying sesh we decided it was time to leave at 2 in the morning. Due to still being on a high from making new friends we decided to try again with a group of lads this time. We found out that some of them will be moving to Exeter soon for uni which started the week long Exeter vs Plymouth battle. Whilst my best friends were out sassing the boys on feminism and what its like to be Bi sexual, I became friends with a boy who I am going to call Marcus because he looks like Marcus Butler (other people in the hotel started calling him Marcus as well) and had a Disney sing along and debating whether to find a karaoke bar to make it more serious. We decided not to when Cards against Humanity was brought down.

Sadly the game was stopped twice when a small group of girls came over to complain about how boys think its okay to rape girls when they are super drunk and how a security guard stopped them from taking a girl back to the hotel but just let the boys harass her. This is why we need feminism people!
It had to stop again whilst Jim decided to be a drunk dick as he walked past me in front of everyone to the extreme that Brad, the last of the trio with Jim and Lewis, came back downstairs to apologise for him and invite me back to his room to have a go at him. Of course Megan and I took this opportunity up. Turned out that when we got there the idea of having a go at Jim was less exciting then sitting down with a bottle of water. (Just for your information Jim apologised the next day even though he really wasn’t that bad). Drunk boys confuse me!

Whilst talking to Marcus and his friends I discovered that they had a better room then we did and I wasn’t happy with that, especially as they had air conditioning! This involved me dragging them to their room just to see the difference. I didn’t realise how hot Kos was till I stepped out of their air conditioning room! Due to the room being nice and cold a few of us decided to stay whilst the girls and the rest of the boys stayed downstairs playing cards against humanity till they decided to go swimming in the sea in their underwear, nothing says friendship then swimming together half naked. As much as I wouldn’t want to go even if they did invite me to go (technically they did but it meant running after them and I don’t run) I should have gone just to get the key to the room. Whilst deciding what would be more comfy, the hall way or a sun lounger, Marcus guided me to his room and said I could sleep in his bed till they got back. Which was super kind and nice of him, until all his friends who were in his room turned up and all those in the spare room with the spare beds were still at the beach with the key to that room…ideal!

I still don’t think Ben has forgiven Marcus for making him share his room, I want to say I’m sorry but there was air conditioning and a comfy bed; I wasn’t going to leave no matter what!! Sadly we were rudly awoken by the swimmers dragging me back to the boiling room even though Marcus said I could stay. I didn’t even stay in my room for 5 minutes before I walked back to theres and take over Marcus’s bed whilst he and the rest of the boys were trying to get their neighbours to shut up.

No regrets. 

Turns out it really was a big night out!

Talk to you later x 


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular Posts