#GIRLBOSS - Book Review


I know I am probably the last person on the planet to have read #GIRLBOSS but I still wanted to share my love for it anyway. For those who do not know what the book is about #GIRLBOSS is all about Sophia Amoruo's journey to becoming the founder and CEO of Nasty Gal and what helped her to get there and how its impacted her.

Unlike most book reviews I decided I would list why I love this book so much, because like I said, who doesn't know her story now!

  1. The chapter images, wasn't expected but makes a nice touch
  2. The random quotes scattered throughout the novel and again at the start of chapters
  3. Advice is given that is actually understandable and useful
  4. The funny title names - 'Shitty Jobs Saved My Life'
  5. Similarly the funny sub topics under the chapters, 'Whoa Is Me: The Purple Flapper Dress Saga'
  6. The random segments where other #GIRLBOSSes share their story
  7. Good and bad are shown, many people hide their bad moments but it was nice to see Sophie share this and how's she learnt from this
  8. Its inspiring without all the bullshit
  9. It breaks the stereotypical self help - how to get somewhere in life books but being genuine
  10. Its simply funny and weirdly uplifting
As someone who has always wanted to start my own business it was refreshing to read a novel by a young millennial women for a change and a real story that's easy to follow and makes you want to keep reading which I don't get from many self help books.

Have you read #GIRLBOSS, what did you think?


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular Posts