Vintage Jewellery Boxes

I love vintage,
I love jewellery
I love a bargain 
So meet my new babies that meet all three!

Sorry for the bad pictures, it was a last minute blog post idea!

I have been looking for a jewellery box for so long now that I nearly gave up hope but after exploring an antique shop with Alec he found these beauties and I knew they were the ones. 

For only £8 I knew I couldn't let them go. They were a little dirty and the mirror inside is broken but after a little clean up and glue they are nearly as good as new. They are both musical which is a nice touch when I am picking what accessories to add to me look for that day (it's always the same rings and necklace)!

Looking at antiques always leads me to the same questions:
Who did it belong to?
Did they use it on a daily basis?
How did the mirror brake?
Who got it for them and why did they get rid of them?
Just me who thinks that adds value to the goods?

Talk to you later x 

Comments

Popular Posts