Dartmouth Spa With Travel Zoo

On Sunday, Alec and I decided to spoil ourselves to a spa day out, cause why not spoil yourself every so often?

I first heard about Travel Zoo and their offer with the Dartmouth Hotel and Spa through a friends Facebook page and since then I have been hooked.
Travel Zoo is a free offer and discount website, such as Groupon and Wowcher, which is free to join and can be used for both local and foreign activities making it great for someone on a budget but still wants to try new experiences and travel, aka most people my age!

Travel Zoo is very easy to use, once an account has been made and an offer has been chosen you proceed as if you were buying clothing online, it really is that simple. When confirmation that you order has been accepted the next steps involve calling the business who is hosting the order and book the appointment with them, you will need to be able to provide order details when making the appointment so do have this at hand (I have defiantly learnt from that mistake so sorry whoever it was I talking to when I placed my order) and then all you have to do is wait and attend your order choice, no hidden charges and no complications, just one order and one phone call/email, you really can't go wrong.
Please note, do take your order confirmation email with you when you go to redeem your order, we forgot and it caused a bit of confusion and stress...mainly just me who was stressed but still not good.

For our spa treatment both Alec and I went for a deep tissue massage to get the stress of work away, I chose a medium massage but this may not have been the best choice for someone who has only had one massage before but it was still a relaxing experience for the most part and the lady instantly changed the pressure when she realised my pain (I must learn to speak up more to save pain) which was then followed up one the massage had finished to ensure I was okay...maybe I need to learn not to be so weak.

After we had our massage we had free reign of the leisure facilities, although the pool was a nice temperature, we didn't stay in this for too long as there were multiple children splashing around and Alec and I wanted to relax, no offence to the children. The sauna, gym and steam room were lovely, giving you the ability to still look out and see what was happening by the pool which is a great feature for parents who have come with their children. I personally found the steam room a bit too much for me but Alec stayed in for around 30 minutes and said it was possibly the best steam room he had gone in. The sauna didn't have an ashy feel or smell that sticks to the back of your nose making it a painful experience and with enough room to lie down if desired it was personally my favourite leisure facility we used. The only downside I had to these facilities was that the jacuzzi wasn't hot, it was warm at best and as children were allowed in it wasn't a place you could sit and relax, is it just me who is used to adult only jacuzzis?

With the experience you got afternoon tea included which included a monster stone that I struggled to even eat half of. Personally by this point Alec and I were very hungry after our 7.30 start to get there for 9am so we did have to order food but I can see why it would complete a spa day if taken as a proper afternoon tea meal. On the plus side the food they did there was amazing, well worth the money, which wasn't very expensive anyway.

Overall Alec and I had an amazing day out, the staff were lovely and friendly, the spa atmosphere was very relaxing and made those attending feel very special and relaxed very quickly, the food was good and the fact we were able to stay all day if desired was a nice touch. Plus who doesn't love being able to walk around in a robe and flip flops all day?!

I am already looking for my next spa trip away, maybe a facial this time...

Talk to you later x

Comments

Popular Posts