Lydford Gorge

The deepest gorge in the South West, with spectacular 30m waterfall
The gorge is an amazing place to visit at any time of the year. The wildlife, river, plants and trees provide a stunning show each and every day.
Dippers and wagtails can be seen flying low over the river, while woodland birds can be spotted darting about in the trees.
Bluebells and wild garlic provide a heady scent and patchwork quilt of green, white and blue in May. Throughout the spring and summer other wildflowers add to the array of colours from pink purslane to the yellows of primroses and buttercups. The trees provide a spectrum of colour from the bright greens of the spring to the rich reds, oranges and yellows of autumn.

On Sunday, Alec and I decided to...wait for it...go outside! I know its such a scary thing for most teenagers when alcohol isn't involved but we actually did it! Am I the only one who has friends who would rather stay at home then go out and do something?

This time we decided to go for a walk around Lydford Gorge, a beautiful National Trust property which is best described as being tranquil and picturesque.

Although it doesn't discourage dogs or small children I personally wouldn't take any myself just due to there being such small paths often very slippery and little to hold onto, but that is just my personal  opinion.

A set route is advised to take but as this didn't have the Pixie Picnic area I wasn't interested so Alec and I decided to do the walk starting at what is typically seen as the end. The 'end' is the nicest part due to the views walking along the river but I bet near the end of spring or Autumn the 'tree walk' as I referred to it would also be lovely. 

Overall it was a really great day out and can't wait to go back. 
Have you ever been?

Talk to you later x 

Comments

Popular Posts