I've Got A Jet Black Heart

Oh the joys of Valentine's Day, the most point less holiday where couples try and out love each other and single people feel shit.

Although saying this I did have a date for Valentine's Day, which ironically fell on our 5 month anniversary, not a special anniversary but a nice coincidence nonetheless. 

Alec and I decided to spend the day doing what we love the most - going for drives and exploring. We started the day at Parke Estate outside Bovey Tracey, a National Trust property which had the cutest cafe. We decided to fuel up on hot chocolate and lemon cake before we went into the smallest walk we could do, not out of choice but due to the mud and bad footwear on Alec's part. We did find this cute little bridge that was horrible to walk on but great to scare each other. 

This was followed by lunch at The House of Marbles which is exactly what is sounds. It's a vast building showing how Marbles and other glass items are made, the history of them and how they are used a lot within games. If I am honest I wasn't to sure how much I was going to enjoy it when I turned up but it was actually quiet interesting with multiple marble runs which Alec and I couldn't take our eyes off. We also were able to watch the marbles being made which I personally found to be the best part.

The chili I had for lunch was so fresh and you could tell it was home made was a great pick up from the cold weather, they even made their own tortilla chips which I was obsessed with, I want to go back just for those. Alec had the sea bass that tasted so nice I wanted to get another meal just so I could have my own. The restaurant got a massive thumbs up from the both of us.

Once we were marbled out we decided to take the scenic route through the moors home...I think Alec aged about 50 years with the tight roads and his new car he got the day before but we did it even if I did scream and distract him anytime I saw a car come near us.
I know black on Valentine's isn't the typical way to go but as someone who isn't fan of Valentine's Day but likes a little black dress, I guessed this would be a good way to go. It also allowed me to make reference to a 5sos song which is always a bonus!

The day was ended in a stereotypical but absolutely amazing way of a meal out at the Moorland Hotel Steak House, or sweat house as I called it the first time we drove past. The table was sweetly decorated with plastic heats that Alec and I used to flick at each other and probably annoy everyone else. We even got a free box of chocolate that I restrained from opening till we got home.

The food was absolutely amazing and I have begged Alec to go there again, the steak was amazing and I can see now why Alec wanted to take me there for one so badly! I highly recommend it, you won't regret it. I personally got the duck which had to be the best duck dish I have ever had, unfortunately for me there wasn't that much duck and my meal was probably a quarter of Alec's but that could simply have been my meal choice.

Overall an amazing Valentines Day, maybe I have been converted to not hating it as much as I think...get back to me next year on that.

What did you do for Valentines day?

Talk to you later x 

Comments

Popular Posts