My Favourite Female Led Podcasts



I love listening to Podcasts if I am cleaning the house, walking to work or on a long car journey. Its like having company without having the need to be with people, its great! There are loads of podcasts out there but not so many female led podcasts, but that is an argument and debate we don't need to get into on this blog post. To help honor these great podcasts I decided this would be the first blog post on my favourite female podcasts and would love to hear your suggestions to help pass around the love. So without waffling too much these are my top 5 in no particular order:

Get It On - Get It On with Dawn O'Potter is a fashion based podcasts where celebrities talk to Dawn about their fashion choices and how these have made and shaped them into the person they are today. Super funny and a great pick up when walking home after a long day. My current faves are Alan Carr and Dawn French.

Guilty Feminist – I ADORE this podcast and listen to it so often I am looking at going to a live show so I get the full experience of the podcast instead of just the best bits. Each podcast has a different theme where Sophia (who also does the Made of Human podcast) and Deborah set themselves stereotypical un-feminist tasks and they talk about their experience with this tasks and other elements of the main topic. Its an actual laugh out loud podcast and would recommend to anyone.

HOW COOL IS THIS PICTURE!?


Made of Human – As mentioned this podcast is solely Sophia’s podcast where she basically just grabs a friend and talks about anything and everything. You can’t help but fall in love with Sophie and whoever she brings in straight away and no matter where you are it feels like you are sitting on a sofa or bed with your mates having the best catch up. Perfect for those who need cheering up or if you are home alone and wants to have a ‘conversation’ with people without actually being with people.

Girl Boss – Everyone has heard of the book and phrase #girlboss. Although I have never read the book I knew I needed to listen to the podcast, especially whenever I needed a bit of inspiration or pep talk. As like most all of the podcasts I have mentioned Sophia brings on inspirational people to tell their story and talk about all this #girlboss. If you like Lena Dunham’s podcast then see this as its older more structured sister.

Woman’s Hour – Lastly is a more ‘grown up’ group podcast with each podcast having a different theme and new guests each week spending an hour discussing these topics. I call it the grown up version as most of the guests are a lot older and the discussions can be quiet intense but great if you just want to sit and think and sound intellectual when feminism next comes up at the office.


What are your favourite female led podcasts?

Talk to you later x

Comments

Popular Posts