Tavistock Dickensian Christmas Market

A couple of weekends ago (yes I did have to edit this due to being so bad at publishing posts) Alec and I went to Tavistock to have a wander around their Dickensian Christmas Market.
**Spoiler, I am counting down for next years.**
 
I want to add, just in case for any reason those who hosted it are reading this post, that it was organised amazingly with a regular bus collecting and dropping off people from the Morrison's to the market to help with the parking which made the whole thing easier. The buses were free and those helping were so helpful and friendly it really helped to make the evening. 
 
To keep the post short and to stop myself rambling lets get on to what was there...

  

The Market
The market, if being perfectly honest it was the same as the market always is but with Christmas decorations everywhere and the stall holders dressed up. Don't get me wrong, it really did look good and it definitely wasn't the worse Christmas market I have been to and seeing as I don't go to Tavistock often so it was a nice refresher. I managed to pick up some goodies so in my eyes it was a success. 
 
Shops 
The shops along the mains street stayed open late with their decorations and employees all dressed up to fit in with the event. 

Stalls 
With all this there was charity stalls, musicians and dancers lining the streets to add to the Christmas cheer. All of the acts was good. Which I think shouldn't be allowed, it makes it too difficult to decided where to stand and watch!! Joking obviously.

Steam Train
Probably mine and Alec's favourite part of the evening was the steam train that Alec was very lucky enough to sit in whilst I got an explanation on how it used to run. 
Behind this Chestnuts were being cooked over an open fire which, for me, completed the whole evening. It was also the first time that Alec had roasted chestnuts which I couldn't get over especially as now we have them all the time. 

If you've never had them before I do highly recommend that you give them a try and if you are able cook them over an open fire. Be careful in the microwave (we have had a few explosions) and don't forget to mark them. 
 
So that was the Tavistock Dickensian evening, we spent just over two hours there and could have easily spent more. Here's to the next one!
 
Talk to you later x

Comments

Popular Posts