Finding Sky Book Review


If I am honest, this book was given to me as a birthday present and I wasn't 100% sure if I would even read it let alone like it but I have been pleasantly surprised.

You have half our gifts, I have the other . . . When English girl Sky, catches a glimpse of bad boy Zed in her new American high school, she can't get him out of her head. He talks to her with his thoughts. He reads her mind. He is the boy she will love for ever. Dark shadows stalk her past but a new evil threatens her future. Sky must face the dark even if it means losing her heart.

If you are like me and read this thinking 'nope too much of a teen cheesy romance' think again. Yes there are cheesy moments but it isn't the main focus of the story and there were times that fitted in nicely having romance moments that made you smile, look away, but always want to read more.

“The last thing I wanted was to fall in love
because, deep down, I remembered that love hurt.”

Without spoiling the story line the genre is a mix of romance and adventure with relatable characters and a plot that is easy to get into and get lost with. There were multiple times my boyfriend was ignored because I was halfway through a page and there was no way I would stop reading to hear about his day...sorry Alec. I liked that although the adventure part and the 'special skills' (you will discover when you read the book) that the story was actually realistic, the process of moving to a new school, taking part in school activities, performance anxiety, meeting the 'bad boy' and 'young adults' falling in love for the first time and being...well obsessed with each other. Maybe that was just the hopeless romantic in me.
 
“Music is not take it or leave it; Music is life or death!”  
 
Finding Sky is part of a book series and although I did really enjoy the book I don't think I will finish this series, mainly cause my book list is too long and secondly, I feel that the Finding Sky ended on a positive note without a cliff hanger so why ruin this? 
 
“like Belgian chocolate—absolutely sinful and completely irresistible’.”  

Have you read Finding Sky? What did you think?

Talk to you later x



<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular Posts