Buckland Abbeys Medieval Weekend




On the weekend, many weeks ago, my parents and I took a mini road trip to Buckland Abbey for their Medieval Weekend.

My family loves history and the Medieval times has to be one of my favourite periods to learn about. A local history group created a little village in a small part of the garden with medieval houses showing the skills that would have been learnt during those times, such as, weaving, archery and leather making. With this there was an open fire cooking those taking parts lunch and showing what tools Medieval wife's would have to use.

Overall it was a really nice day out admiring their home made clothes, learning new skills and playing Medieval games. I even got a business card to join, I will update you if I even get round to joining.

What's your favourite time period to learn about?

Talk to you later x


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular Posts