Tudor Museum and Hathaways Cafe

I love learning about the Tudors, I am a big history nerd but the Tudors and Elizabethan era are definitely my favourite.



After Alec's driving experience it was my turn to pick what we got up to and that involved cake and a museum because I am a 19 year old girl stuck in a middle aged woman's body and mind.

We started with the museum which although looks small has a lot of room to explore and get a full view on what life would be like for both the high and low class communities. You got to explore what Henry the 8th would have eat, what happened to 'witches' and cures for the plague.




When you pay for the ticket you also get a character which a little back story that you cherish to the end where you can find out what happens to you. My character got pushed down the stairs by her husband because he wanted to marry the queen and Alec's died during a fight...not the best way to go.






There are multiple interactive moments from dressing up, pretending to be royalty, writing with a Quill and ink and choosing what sonnets to hear. Along with having many photo opportunities which Alec and I obviously took advantage of. Most of the museum you were able to either sit/lie or interactive with in a certain way which made it really stand out for me.





It was only £5.50 to get in for an all day access if desired, there is so much to read with signs to folders filled with facts that you could easily spend a few hours reading without even realizing.
(I am so sorry for all the pictures that are about to load).









After this we went to Hathaways Tea Rooms for Afternoon tea that turned into lunch, after seeing a picture of all the cakes available there was no way I wasn't having some. Although coffee cake and chocolate fudge cake were an option to go with out tea Alec and I decided to be vey British and get scones that were just divine, just writing this is making me crave them again.




There was a nice range of lunch time options that really made Alec and I stop to think about but in the end I went for a Cajun chicken toastie and Alec went for the all day breakfast which he said was very nice and exactly what he needed. 
One thing I do need to mention is the wide variety of teas that were available, we din't try any of these but the list looked so exotic and long if I was a local I would make it my mission to try them all. 


 Another nice element the tea room provides is their picnic options which personally I think they have a nice list of options to chose for and a really reasonable price to match, I wouldn't have thought twice if it was another £5-10 more expensive. I would defiantly look into it if you want a nice amount of good food on the go.

Overall I really enjoyed my experience at both venues and would recommend both to anyone visiting that area. I can not wait to explore more of that area soon! 

Talk to you later x


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular Posts