#effyourbeautystandards - Self Care Week


This self care week I've decided to start a new ritual; telling myself on a daily basis that I am good enough. I am pretty enough. I am smart enough. I am simply, enough.

Many of you by now would have heard of Tess Holiday, a plus size model based in the USA. If not check her out she is great! On instagram Tess started the #effyourbeautystandards hashtag, a hashtag I have been loving recently. Due to this, and the fact its the first day in self care week I have decided to use this hashtag to start this ritual. I hope you enjoy and can relate.

Don't get me wrong I definitely feel more beautiful when my eyebrows have been plucked, no more hair on my top lip, clean styled hair and wearing the most flattering clothes I own. 
But why should that stop me feeling beautiful all the time? 

Why must I hide my stomach because its no longer flat?
Sorry I enjoy eating food and hate ab day. 

Why must I hide my legs because they haven't been shaved? 
Body hair is normal, protects the skin and is only a problem because businesses wanted to make more money. The more I think about this and the beauty industry the more sick it makes me. 

Just cause I don't follow the latest trends or follow the makeup trends doesn't mean I'm not beautiful. It doesn't mean I'm trying to be 'indie' and I want everyone to look at me making 'a fashion statement.' 

Why should I look a certain way to be considered beautiful. Why can;t my growing body, hairy legs and fast growing eyebrow hair be beautiful. No more will I make my hair look a certain way or buy certain makeup products to 'feel' beautiful. 

I feel beautiful when I am happy and comfortable and that's definitely when I look the most beautiful. 

So fuck you and #effyourbeautystandards. 


Comments

Popular Posts