My 2017 Halloween Reading List

It's October which means Halloween resulting in a VERY happy Megan. 

As it is the month of spookiness I decided my reading list needed to match. This month I aim to read the below:


13 Chairs 

Jack stands in the dark on the landing of the old house, and looks at his feet - He has been here for minutes, his hand on the door handle, debating whether or not to go in. A high-ceilinged room lit only by candles. Thirteen chairs, one empty. Twelve ghostly storytellers, waiting to begin. Come in! Take your place. We have been expecting you. Do you dare to listen to our stories? Do you dare to tell your own? Jack is a curious boy. Are you curious too?

I am currently reading this book and I have had to stop reading it late at night, not because its scary as such but the writing is so good that you can't help but get creeped out by the mini stories within. I highly recommend for anyone who wants a book with a twist. 
The only downside I do have with the book is the predictability but don't get me wrong there are still unexpected twists to keep you going. 

Dorothy Must Die

I didn't ask for any of this. I didn't ask to be some kind of hero.
But when your whole life gets swept up by a tornado - taking you with it - you have no choice but to go along, you know?
Sure, I've read the books. I've seen the movies. I know the song about the rainbow and the happy little bluebirds. But I never expected Oz to look like this. To be a place where Good Witches can't be trusted, Wicked Witches may just be the good guys, and winged monkeys can be executed for acts of rebellion. There's still a yellow brick road - but even that's crumbling.
What happened? Dorothy.
They say she found a way to come back to Oz. They say she seized power and the power went to her head. And now no one is safe.
My name is Amy Gumm - and I'm the other girl from Kansas.
I've been recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked.
I've been trained to fight.
And I have a mission.

I read so many reviews on this book and can't wait to read it. I am one of those who loves a twist on a classic so can't wait to see what they have changed and kept the same. 

What Halloween reads do you recommend or are reading? 

Talk to you later x 


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular Posts