milk and honey - Book Review


The poetry book that everyone and their dog has been reading and talking about.
Poetry has always been something I have wanted to get into but have always struggled with. I never seemed to pick up on specific and supposedly obvious 'read between the lines' elements that you were taught to do in school. Due to this poetry was just something I ignored but after reading a lot of reviews from other bloggers who also felt this way talking about milk and honey I knew I had to give it a try.

milk and honey looks like one of those books you could easily finish within an hour but oh how wrong I was. The poems are only small but without even realising you have stopped reading and too engrossed into the message that has just hit you. I have never been someone who likes writing on books but milk and honey makes me want to put sticky tabs on the poems I love the most and write how they made me feel next to the words that hit me the most.

One thing I will say about milk and honey is that I would not consider it a stereotypical poetry book, the poems are a lot smaller then most poems I have ready and easy to understand the message so easy to get into for first time poetry readers. I found they were more prose then poetry but that could have just been me. 

The book is split into four sections, the hurting, the loving, the breaking and the healing, and even if you haven't gone through some of the things Rupi has, there will be poems that will speak to you no matter what. 

Now that I have finished milk and honey my book wish list has had a load of poetry been added to it. The next poetry book I want to read is The Princess Saves Herself In This One, a lot of people have said they prefer The Princess so I am interested to see why this is.

Have you read milk and honey, what did you think.

Talk to you later x


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12813861/?claim=3kstyxjd7j8">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Comments

Popular Posts