Red Chair Cafe Review


As a child one of my favourite weekend activities was exploring new places with my parents. Going to the little towns and villages around where I lived made me feel like an explorer finding new hidden treasures. Now as an 'adult' and someone who is moving to a new area I’ve decided it’s time I continue this weekend activity even if it’s on my own. So whilst exploring the town of Launceston I came across a sign for a vegan and gluten free options cafe, as I needed to warm up and use the toilet I thought why not give it a go, best decision ever!

I was welcomed in by the owner who made me feel so relaxed and we talked through the different options I could eat. Maybe it was my face which gave it away she could tell none of them suited me, so offered one of her experimental cupcakes to try which were gluten free and dairy free. Honestly you couldn’t tell the difference and I’m praying these become a regular cake they provide because I will happily eat that each time I visit. 

They sell a wide range of local Cornish teas which have a flavourful punch, I went for mint and just the smell was gorgeous. As I was on my own the owners spent a lot of the time talking to me which is always something I cherish when I go to new places; learning about other people and seeing what they recommend doing in the town. We had a lovely talk about the cafe, the flats upstairs and the new town I’m moving too, I could have stayed for hours. 


I don’t like using the word cheap as it’s got a nasty tone to it but Red Chair Cafe is perfect if you are on a budget, I had cake and a pot of tea and it was less than £4. That’s cheaper then some drinks you can get at Starbucks and Costa! As the owner said, ‘Yes it can be more expensive getting gluten and dairy free ingredients (they make everything themselves) but why should that cost be given to the customers?’ They have a nice range of food suitable for everyone and any dietary requirements and as it’s right by the big car park it’s a perfect place to meet up with friends, I actually can’t wait to take my mum here as she will love it. 

A great feature to the cafe, which I feel needs to be brought into more cafes, especially in little towns, that have many elderly residents is their ‘Natter and Chatter’ table. If you sit on that table you are inviting people to sit with you and open to chat which is a great way of making new friends or simply making an elderly persons day. They have jigsaws on the table too so there’s no pressure on anyone to make uncomfortable chatter. I hope one day I can come back and take part in this. 

So if you are ever in the area or want to try somewhere new I highly recommend Red Chair Cafe and all their details will be linked below. They even do loyalty cards!!

1 Southgate St, Launceston, PL15 9DX
01566773219


**All the pictures shown have been obtained from their website - I forgot to take any whilst I was there**

Comments

Popular Posts