My favourite autumn activities



It’s getting colder, the lip shades have become berrier, thick jumpers and tights are coming out and the nights are drawing in earlier. That can only mean one thing. Autumn is nearly here! For those who don’t know, autumn is my favourite time of the year. Warm jumpers, vampy lips, hot chocolate and walks in the park with the leaves surrounding you and picking up chestnuts, what’s not to love about it?

Although this means that summer is over and no-more late night activities with friends, days at the beach or playing in water, this doesn’t mean that autumn has to be a season stuck in home, well unless its raining, I cant stand being wet!

These are my some of my favourite autumn activities to do:
  • ·    Conkers – collecting and having ‘battles’ against family and friends. It’s the autumn version of a water fight.
  •  Walks in the park – this may be because I’m 17 going on to 70 but I love watching the leaves fall, walking through them, making leaf piles and jumping in them, the sound is just so satisfying! I always feel it’s autumn time when the leaves go that lovely orangey yellow colour, so Tumblr worthy!
  • Blackberry picking – I know this happens more at the end of the summer but its something me and my granddad used to always do together before he got ill and is still a memory he likes to talk to me about. I feel around January/February time I’m so sick of blackberries due to all the blackberry jam, tarts and smoothies my mum and I would make together, we always over pick!
  •  Fireworks night – who doesn’t like watching fireworks, they are so colourful and although I don’t see banging lights as romantic but somehow fireworks just work great for that perfect kiss. Why can I have a boyfriend who likes fireworks?                                                                    Who else’s favourite part is the sprinklers? Even now I get excited when I see mum come home with them. Why do we always feel the need to write our names?
  •  Bonfires – Smores! The most acceptable time to eat smores. I’m not saying you cant eat smores any other time of the year I just think they are so much nicer made on a bonfire on a clear autumns night. An amazing time to meet up with friends and pig out at the same time, perfect night!
  •  Mazes – I’ve always wanted to do a proper corn maze and hopefully this year I will be able to convince my parents to go to one.
  •  Pumpkins – Everything is pumpkin scented, tasted or looking. Even though no one in my family eats pumpkin seeds my mum always feels like she has to buy them this time of the year.
  • Pinecones – Who doesn’t like picking up pinecones? They look so pretty, especially covered in orange glitter for Halloween and silver for Christmas. (I really need to spend less time on Pinterest).
I know Halloween is a big one but I’m going to do a whole different post on that in October.

Talk to you later x

Although this isn't mine I had to add it!
*Pictures from Pinterest.*

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Biscuit, marshmallows and chocolate! You melt the chocolate and marshmallow into the biscuit. Like I used to make it the microwave. You potato on legs ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts